Bike Healthy: How Cycling Will Help You Look Good, Feel Good and Quite Possibly Live Longer was published in 2015. It’s the book for anyone who wants to be fitter, stronger, slimmer and less stressed. It explains how one of the world’s simplest and most affordable vehicles – the bicycle – can change lives.
Bike Healthy is the book for fit people who simply want to get more out of their cycling and stay in a good shape. It’s for people who are planning to improve their health. It’s the book for people with a medical condition who’ve been advised to take more exercise. Whatever the reader’s needs and aspirations there’s expert help and advice in Bike Healthy.
If your job involves helping people live healthier, more active lives you should add Bike Healthy to your tool-kit. You’ll find it’s a valuable resource that helps inform and motivate your target audience.
- The mental and physical health benefits of cycling.
- Why cycling is suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Buying a bike.
- Getting comfortable.
- Learning to ride (includes Bikeability cycle training).
- Finding great places to cycle.
- Preparation for the body and for the bike.
- Cycling on prescription and on referral initiatives.
- Staying motivated and coping with setbacks.
- A directory listing further sources of information and assistance.
We supply local authorities, agencies such as the NHS and universities with bulk orders of Bike Healthy for as little as £1.25 per copy.
Please contact us for more information.
To order copies of Bike Healthy please visit our web store.
You’re most welcome to a free copy of Bike Healthy to evaluate. If you have a local government or an NHS e-mail address, please contact us (remember to include your postal address!) and we’ll post you a copy.